Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Plan B

Someone once told me they always had a plan B & were referring to relationships, ours in fact. That comment did not set well with me and I gave this little phrase, which seems to be used freely, some thought.

I think plan B's may be fine for a woodworking project or a baseball team's backup plan, but not for relationships. Relationships, whether with family, spouses, or friends are important stuff, to put it very simply. Relationships are what God is made of. Let me make it clear that I am referring to healthy relationships, not toxic ones which may need to be eliminated. But when you think about it relationships are all we really have, everything else can be gone in a second, just look at the recent storm victims.

I think healthy relationships should be given 100% and not equipped with a backup plan, which has a vested interest in the relationship failing. Of course this is just my opinion but my personal experience has taught me this: where healthy relationships are concerned there is NO PLAN B FOR ME. :)

2 comments:

  1. Very True. When one has "personal relationshop" That IS a relationship that one can be honest, open and KNOW that one will be loved unconditionally. So few know how to love UNconditionally.
    If you go into someting with a Plan B, You are already looking for failure.
    Thank you for NOT being a plan B Person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After years of therapy...real therapy...I have realized that you are totally right. There should have been no plan B. You create what you think and thinking about failure created it. Looks like you were the smarter one. I have learned late the lessons you learned early. You should check out my blog at www.kathyleak.blogspot.com. I have written about just this. So sorry to hear about Granddad. I know he will be missed.

    ReplyDelete