Saturday, November 5, 2011

MY DOG - Life's Little Blessings

I could not sleep tonight
Thoughts racing through my head
I looked up and saw my dog
Asleep at the foot of my bed

I thought how lucky I am
To have such a friend
She accepts me as I am
And is loyal to no end

I can watch her and feel peace
Other times I feel joy
She can even make me laugh
As she plays with her favorite toy

She is a little blessing from God
That makes me feel like I've won a prize
I realize they are all around us
If we just pause and open our eyes

1 comment:

  1. Often these thoughts run through my mind too, Dale. Our K-9 babies are so precious to the heart. (And a bit spoiled too.) I remember many years ago when my " Sugar" would get up and be licking me in the face trying to lick the tears away. I know it was God's way of comforting me and loving me when I felt unloved. Even today, I have 2 Babies and Both of them stay right with and very near me when I am sick or having a really bad day with my heart or back. I am very Thankful for these Blessings and the peace, quiet and calm they bring.
    Thank you for these thoughts, poems. LU Brother.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete