Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Damaged Goods


I am somewhat of a perfectionist. Most people when buying something new will tend to pick the one without any flaws such as scratches, etc. I remember when I bought this car I really wanted, a white corvette. I thought it was flawless. I would always be careful where I parked it so it would not get any scratches or dings. If I came out of the store and someone was parked close to me I would always check to see if their door may have hit my car. Then one day I was washing my car and there it was.. a ding, and then I found a scratch and another. The damage had been done. But a funny thing happened. I experienced a sense of relief; no longer did I have to worry about that first imperfection. I actually could enjoy the car more. You see we all have been damaged in some way; spiritually, physically, emotionally… We are all imperfect. Realizing this, if we can be a little less judgmental and a little more compassionate then we may enhance the lives of others as well as ourselves. How would the world be changed if we embraced imperfections instead of shunning them? Would there be more love? “Imperfection leads to growth, for without it there would be no reason to improve” (D.Walls). Imperfection is not always bad, sometimes things that are DAMAGED may still be GOOD. J

No comments:

Post a Comment